The HSA are excited to announce a new role affiliated with the committee. We are looking to recruit a Communications Assistant who is currently an Early Career Researcher. The Assistant will play a core role in developing our communications function and may be invited to attend committee meetings as appropriate (travel expenses for these meetings will be covered).
This new role reflects the HSA’s longstanding commitment to ECRs and provides an opportunity for an ECR member to develop skills around communication, dissemination, and impact. The job description for the role is outlined below and will be held until the end April 2020.
To apply, please send a CV and a 500 word proposal with an idea of how you would enhance the HSA’s communications function to email@example.com by Monday 18th March 2019.
The Communication Assistant’s role is to support the Communications Officer with the Association’s publicity and communications. This will involve maintaining social media channels, running live social media for events, and contributing to the development of strategic communications plans.
The intention of the creation of the Assistant role is to increase capacity around HSA communications and, aligned with the Association’s commitment to supporting ECRs, provide an opportunity for skills development for an ECR member.
Key practical tasks
- Manage tweetdeck site in partnership with Officer
- Create ideas for specifically engaging ECRs and practitioners through social media
- Work to develop other ways of generating social media content than currently used
- Refresh Facebook page to include up to date photos from HSA events
- Use social media to advertise the HSA events programme
- Help support social media engagement at HSA events
- Help develop ways of engaging individuals who are not attending the events to be involved
Estimated time commitment:
Flexible depending on capacity and requirements of the Association.