The Housing Studies Association (HSA) would like to congratulate all of the early career researchers who have been successful in receiving bursaries to support attendance at our annual conference in April. This year we have provided nine awards which reflects the strength of applicants and our commitment to supporting emerging researchers.
Bursaries for the 2018 annual conference have been awarded to:
- Rachel Creaney, University of St Andrews
- Matt Howell, University of Cardiff
- Simon Taylor, University of Cumbria
- Melissa Espinoza, Heriot Watt University
- Edith England, University of Cardiff
- Dora Welker, Heriot Watt University
- Regina Serpa, University of Stirling/Heriot Watt University
- Emma Bimpson, University of Leeds
- Adam Stephenson, Homes for Haringey/Heriot Watt University
This year’s bursaries have been supported by the Housing Studies Charitable Trust (HSCT), HSA and CaCHE – the UK Housing Evidence Centre.
Two of the bursaries are named after individuals who made an outstanding contribution to Housing Studies. The two applicants with particularly strong applications receive the memorial bursaries.
This year the recipients will be:
- Regina Serpa for the Andy Thomas award
- Adam Stephenson for the Alan Holmans award
All of the bursary recipients will be presenting at the annual conference. Registration for the conference is open: https://housing-studies-association.org/2018/02/news-hsa-conference-registration-now-live/