The Housing Studies Association would like to congratulate all of the early career researchers who have been successful in receiving bursaries to support attendance at our annual conference in April. This year the Association has provided nine awards which reflects the strength of applicants and the Association’s commitment to supporting emerging researchers.
Bursaries for the 2017 annual conference have been awarded to:
- Adam Stephenson – Heriot-Watt University
- Chris Devany – Sheffield Hallam University
- Emma Ormerod – University of Durham
- Glenn Lauren Moore – SOAS, University of London
- Jellina Davies – University of Kent
- Julia Heslop – University of Durham
- Matt Howell – Cardiff University
- Philippa Watkin – Heriot-Watt University
- Regina Serpa – Heriot-Watt University
Two of the bursaries are provided by the Housing Studies Charitable Trust. These bursaries are named after individuals who made an outstanding contribution to Housing Studies. The two applicants with particularly strong applications receive the memorial bursaries.
This year the recipients will be:
- Glenn Lauren Moore for the Andy Thomas award
- Jellina Davies for the Alan Holmans award