The Housing Studies Association provides bursaries to support attendance at the annual conference in April. This year the Association has increased the number of bursaries awarded. The increase in awards reflects the strength of applicants and the Association’s commitment to supporting emerging researchers.
Bursaries for the 2016 annual conference have been awarded to:
- Anna Zsófia Bajomi (unaffiliated)
- Anna Carnegie (University of York)
- Nicholas Lynch (University of Oxford)
- Janine McKenna (Scottish Federation of Housing Associations)
- Tim Packer (Heriot-Watt University)
- Maria Laura Ruiu (unaffiliated)
- Regina Serpa (Heriot-Watt University)
- Adam Stephenson (Heriot-Watt University)
- Mohammad Usman (University of Cambridge)
Two of the bursaries are provided by the Housing Studies Charitable Trust. These bursaries are named after individuals who made an outstanding contribution to Housing Studies. The two applicants with the strongest applications receive the memorial bursaries.
This year the recipients will be:
- Nicholas Lynch for the Andy Thomas award
- Adam Stephenson for the Alan Holmans award