Annual membership of the HSA costs:
- £25.00 Full Membership
- £11.50 Student Membership
- £65.00 Corporate Membership (max. 3 named individuals) This membership is available to non-academic organisations i.e. local authorities, housing associations, third sector organisations and consultancies
Those age 60 or over can take advantage of our Lifetime Membership option with a one off payment of £125.
Being a member has a number of benefits:
- Members get reduced rates to all our events, including our Annual Conference, and some other housing sector events with partner organisations;
- Members can use the HSA blog as a means to disseminate news, research and ideas;
- We have an event sponsorship programme to support members to disseminate and discuss their work;
- We provide a number of bursaries to support early career and unfunded housing researchers to attend our annual conference;
- We run the Valerie Karn prize, rewarding the best early career paper at our annual conference;
- As a learned society, we nominate fellows to the Academy of Social Sciences.
- We will also have a role to play in ensuring that housing studies is well represented in the panels involved in the next Research Excellence Framework Exercise.