The Housing Studies Association is committed to supporting the development of early career researchers by the following means:
- Reduced membership costs. Early career researchers may be eligible for discounts on membership of the Housing Studies Association. Details are available on the membership pages here.
- Early career stream. The annual Housing Studies Association conference features a dedicated stream for early career researchers to present their work. Further information can be found on the conference pages here.
- Bursaries and funding. Bursaries are available to support early career researchers who wish to attend the annual conference (see here). Early career researchers can also apply for funding to help them organize conferences and events.
- Valerie Karn prize. This prize recognizes the best paper presented by an early career researcher at the annual conference. For more details see here.
- Email group. If you would like to keep informed about relevant conferences, seminars and training and contribute to discussion forums with fellow early-career researchers then join the early career housing research network group on JISCmail.
- Get in touch. The early career activities are coordinated by Ben Pattison (email@example.com) and Tony Manzi (firstname.lastname@example.org). Feel free to get in touch if you want to know more about any aspect of the early career work.