The Housing Studies Association is seeking proposals from organisations able to provide it with administrative support over the coming years. The contract for support will cover the services detailed below. The Association are willing to consider separate tenders for annual conference administration. For more information, please contact David Manley at D.Manley@bristol.ac.uk by 28h February.
- Organise the HSA annual conference including the following;
a) Liaise with organisers regarding delegate numbers, costings and general arrangements.
b) Book venues, accommodation, refreshments and technical facilities.
c) Design and produce conference literature.
d) Maintain the conference area of the HSA website (including post conference postings).
e) Contact publishers to seek sponsorship/offer advertising opportunities.
f) Carry out publicity as directed by the organisers.
g) Administer bookings and financial accounts.
h) Liaise with organisers regarding the programme, speakers, abstracts etc.
i) Liaise with delegates over special requirements (disabled access, dietary needs, car parking, extra nights’ accommodation etc).
j) Liaise with speakers over their requirements, including technical provision and acquisition or presentations/papers in preparation for the conference.
k) Provide support over the three days of the conference, including; setting up rooms for seminar/workshops, plus catering spaces; producing the conference packs; setting up displays on behalf of sponsors/advertisers; signage; registration; technical support; supervision of catering; maintaining and securing rooms over the conference period; general assistance to speakers and delegates including provision of internet access.
2. Maintain the HSA membership list using the membership facility on the website.
3. Keep accounts relating to membership income.
4. Assist with administrative tasks associated with membership campaigns, in conjunction with the HSA Membership Secretary (if required).
5. Keep records concerning discounted journal subscriptions for members, administer journal discounts arranged by the HSA and arrange for payments for journals received against invoices.
6. In conjunction with the Secretary, administer the election of HSA committee members, including advertising for nominations and administering elections, if required.
7. Circulate news, advertisements etc, provided by HSA members, by email.
8. Provide invoices to the Treasurer of the HSA at year end, with details of expenditure incurred in respect of direct costs.